V4RB2 Alter Table Question

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Wed Aug 30 18:04:35 CDT 2006

Hi,

I want to alter a table and I do it this way because all other tries
fails because of NOT NULL

ALTER TABLE Kategorien ADD Beinflussbarkeit Byte DEFAULT 3 NOT NULL

I really would do

ALTER TABLE Kategorien ADD Beinflussbarkeit Byte NOT NULL
UPDATE Kategorien SET Beeinflussbarkeit=3

is this no longer supported?
How can I delete after Alter Table the setup DEFAULT 3?
Or is this something which is now allways there?

bye

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 2006r3/ Valentina 2.4.1
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de