Casting VObjectPtr

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sun Aug 27 20:15:42 CDT 2006

On Monday, August 28, 2006 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>Strange. And field(10) returns really the same field of ObjectPtr type ?
>Please check
>
>    fld = cursor.Filed(10)
>
>    fld.type
>    fld.name

OK, the field type is returning 9 - kTypeULong according to the docs.  But the name field is returning the correct name for the field - labelPtr.   Very strange to me.

Here is my definition for the field in the object for the table:
      self.labelPtr = new VObjectPtr("labelPtr",inDB.Labels,EVOnDelete.kRestrict)   //10

The database I am using is a Val 1.10 DB that I'm converting using the Convert_1_2 routine.  But. I tried another app that uses a database created using Val 2 and it is having the same problem.

I'm not saying that the problem isn't of my own making, but I can't imagine what I have done!  I didn't make any changes regarding cursors and such since I upgraded to V4RB 2.4.1.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/