[V4RB] Macho VComponents folder is 22mb???

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Aug 25 08:38:54 CDT 2006

> From: Christer Olsson <christer at ljusaideer.se>
> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 06:09:05 +0200
> To: Valentina Developers <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
> Subject: Re: [V4RB] Macho VComponents folder is 22mb???
>
>> On 8/25/06 1:31 AM, "Dave Addey" <listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ruslan,
>>>
>>> Will V4RB 2.4.2 be available as a Universal Binary, or will we have to wait
>>> until 2.5?
>>
>>    2.5
>
> If you plan to release 2.5 within the timeframe of RS' release of RB2006r4
> this is a good plan, IMHO. Otherwise I think you should release 2.4.3 with no
> other changes than UB support (or call it 2.5, and then call your original
> planned 2.5  2.6 instead).

I agree with this completely.  Importantly, REAL announced a few weeks ago
that 2006r4 will be released *soon*, in September, with UB support:

http://www.realsoftware.com/news/pr/2006/2006r4_beta/

So unless V4RB 2.5 is going to be released in September, then I would also
rather see a 2.4.x release with Universal Binary support as soon as
possible, with no new features.

Dave.