Continuing problem with SQL

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 22:23:26 CDT 2006

I could really use some help on this. Am I the only one having this
problem?

The database has 1149 records.
One record has a value of 1 in the field DIFFICULTY.
1148 have the value of 5 in the field DIFFICULTY.
If I execute "select * from FLASH where DIFFICULTY between 1 and 5" I
find 1149 records. Correct!
If I execute "select * from FLASH where DIFFICULTY between 1 and 4" I
find 1 record. Correct!
If I execute "select * from FLASH where DIFFICULTY between 2 and 5" I
find 0 records. Incorrect!

The problem looks like when all the records that should be found have
the same value, none of them return.

Bill Mounce

------------

Earlier posting:

I have discovered a pattern but have no idea what is causing it.

1. I downloaded and installed the latest version of Valentina.

2. There is a field named DIFFICULTY in my database. Every record has
a value of 5. There are 1147 records.

3. I executed the following search with Studio:

SELECT * FROM FLASH WHERE DIFFICULTY between 1 AND 5

No records are found.

4. Using Studio, I changed the value of DIFFICULTY for the first
record to 1 and redid the search. This time Studio found 1146 records.

5. I changed the value of DIFFICULTY for the first record back to 5
and redid the search. No records were found.

6. I repeated the entire process again with the same results.

Earlier posting:

By the way, I get exactly the same results with:

SELECT * FROM FLASH WHERE DIFFICULTY >= 1 and difficulty <= 5

as I do with

SELECT * FROM FLASH WHERE DIFFICULTY BETWEEN 1 AND 5