Option keyword problem 2

Chuck Neal chuck at mediamacros.com
Fri Aug 18 10:44:18 CDT 2006

I managed to fix my code that had a database named "option" but now I am
having a similar problem on a table that has a field named option.  Here
is the insert query I am trying to use...

INSERT INTO Technique_Option (technique,dataField,parameter, option,ID)
VALUES ('S546GA-12384UO-5UUP6M-R', 'I2G8L5-11Q5GIK-T47Q0I-2T',
'S546GA-1280JFG-2DJK2H-2', 'J2I5NG-12ALET9-2NJMT-7',
'S546GA-12EB5HB-4JJ5VF-1' )

I have tried option in single quotes, double quotes, back ticks, even
with the table name in front and everything errors the same way.

Error: line 1:1: unexpected token: option

Is there any way to escape this so that it will allow the field name?
Changing all of my databases is just not an option at this point, so I
need to find a way to work around the data name issue.  Thanks.

-Chuck
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.
chuck at mediamacros.com