"Option" causing errors

Chuck Neal chuck at mediamacros.com
Fri Aug 11 18:59:12 CDT 2006

I ran into an interesting problem today.  I have a legacy project that I
updated from 2.2 to 2.4 in Director.  Everything appeared to work at
first, but then I started getting missing info.  After about 2 hours of
debugging I found the issue by manually entering items into Studio
(between crashes). Apparently "Option" is now a restricted word. If I
put it in quotes it works, but otherwise I just get no results.

I realize that every language has reserved keywords, but most SQL
implementations also make exceptions in queries for things like table
names, etc.  Can this be adjusted and also better warning placed when
reserved words are added?

Thanks.

-Chuck
Chuck Neal