CreateDiskLocation on Mac

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Thu Aug 10 17:51:47 CDT 2006

Hello,

I am using CreateDiskLocation with a full mac/unix style path like this:

NSString *dbFilePath = @"/Volumes/NewDL400a/Dest/2006-08-10/PVDayDBs/
ArticleSearchDB.vdb";
FBL::I_Location_Ptr pLocation = FBL::CreateDiskLocation( [dbFilePath
UTF8String] );

// DEBUG
FBL::String Msg( pLocation->get_Path() );
  std::cout << "\tValentinaBaseDBManager::openExistingDatabase
pLocation.getPath: " << Msg.getBufferA() << "\n";

This section of code results in this output:

ValentinaBaseDBManager::openExistingDatabase pLocation.getPath: /
Volumes/Alpha2/Dev-NuPV/PVReplicator2/build/Debug/PVReplicator2.app/
Contents/MacOS//Volumes/NewDL400a/Dest/2006-08-10/PVDayDBs/
ArticleSearchDB.vdb

and the database gets created INSIDE my application bundle. This is
NOT what I want to have happen.
Why is CreateDiskLocation concatenating the path like that?

The file does NOT exist yet when I call CreateDiskLocation, but I
need to create this disk location before I call Create( pLocation );
What am I missing?

- Matthew