Mac for drector.

Jennifer Hall jennifer at jennifershall.com
Tue Aug 8 21:09:00 CDT 2006

I'm using Valentina 1 for director on both the Mac and the PC.
In trying to detect if a database is busy I'm using the following code.

---------------------------------------
  --use actual valentina data base call to open
    openDatabase(pCurrentDataBase, dbpath, 4)
    err = ValentinaError()
    if (err <> 0 ) then
      -- error while open data base
      return err
    end if

    pRef = pCurrentDataBase.getRef()
    -- return negative number if error, else returns 0 if no error
    err = ValentinaError()
    if (err <> 0 ) then
      -- error while open data base
      return err
    end if

	sql = "select Name, PretestOn, PasswordOn, MasteryLevel, RecID from
Classes"
  pCursor = xtra("VCursor").new(pCurrentDataBase.getRef(), sql,2,3,2) --DC
  err = ValentinaError()
  if (err <> 0) then
    return []
  end if
I've set it up for the test so that I know a specific data base is busy. On
the pc, the openDatabase call returns an error and you know it's busy.
However, on the mac, I don't get an error until the pCursor call.

Any idea why and any suggestions to get the Mac to recognize an open
database.

Thanks
Jennifer