V4REV 2.4 and VServer - SQLSelect

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 11:53:40 CDT 2006

I've just started experimenting with V4REV 2.4 and VServer. I hit
this problem.

I'm working with a simple table of 3 fields and about 1000 records.

Situation 1

Using vDatabase_SQLSelectRecords with a simple SQL query (select *
from users), the Rev client crashes. If I limit the number of records
returned to fewer than about 400 (e.g. select * from users limit
400), it works fine. (I notice that the crash occurs when the data
returned reaches about 8K or so.)

Situation 2

Using vDatabase_SQLSelect and then looping through the cursor to
retrieve field values, I get no crash. But the field values start to
repeat after looping through  774 records. The returned data looks
something like this:

test0001	Jones	Sue
test0002	Smith	Joe
---<snipped>---
test0772	Pyjobat	Muz
test0773	Kygoguh	Nafar
test0774	Kopohor	Wezen
test0775	Visab
test0775	Visab
test0775	Visab
test0775	Visab
test0775	Visab
---<snipped>---

The data in the database seems fine. For example, if I use (select *
from users limit 773,5) I get the following:

test0774	Kopohor	Wezen
test0775	Visab	Goh
test0776	Miw	Rab
test0777	Nid	Hedel
test0778	Sasyjer	Dedud

I see a similar problem when using VStudio. But in this case the
repetition starts after about 460 records.

I notice that the repetion with the Rev client starts after about 16K
of data. (Is this significant?)

I feel I'm probably missing some obvious setting here.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers
Dave