V4RB and V4MD Carbon now will use POSIX sockets!

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 13:56:52 CDT 2006

On 8/5/06 12:30 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Today I have got success with
>
> A) drop GUSI library, which have emulate POSIX sockets.
>
> B) use in VClient CARBON the direct calls to MACOS X BSD dlls
>
> Works like a charm! (After the day of attempts :-)
>
> This step reduce size of vclient on about 140Kb
> And should speed up at least 2 times.

That is great news, Ruslan!

I'm sure everyone will have different results depending on what they are
doing, but my Mach-O format RB app is about 40x faster than the same app in
PEF format in some operations using 2.4 Vserver and associated plugins...

And that is *with* the GetDefaultValue() call, so I would guess that once
these changes are implemented Vserver will be back at "full speed" as
compared to 2.3.  :-)

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC