Encoding problem with 2.4

Christer Olsson christer at ljusaideer.se
Fri Aug 4 10:58:12 CDT 2006

We have a problem with encodings in VServer 2.4 and data entered with previous versions (even 2.4 beta products), in both V4RB and VStudio.

All non-ASCII characters, as our swedish åäö, seems to be replaced with some sort of control character causing strings to be empty or truncated in our client app made with V4RB.

The problem is even worse with VStudio; when trying to open a databrowser in VStudio the server dies with bus error.

Please note: all this is with old data, entered with our client app. If we enter new data with our client app it is read back correctly in our client app.

Everything was working fine with VServer 2.4b20, V4RB 2.4b2 and VStudio 2.4b16.