Few words about Vserver 2.4 - point 1

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 3 12:54:54 CDT 2006

On 8/3/06 8:59 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> About issue of slow API method Vtable.AddRecord() that Russ have found.
> I have to see that after AddRecord() in server log present set of
> Vfield.get_DefaultValue. The more fields in table the more such commands. We
> need simply override this method on second level to avoid request to server.
> Sorry, we have overlook this moment. We will try fix it in nearest time.

Strange. My in-house app I am using to test Vserver 2.4 processes 250
AddRecord() calls in only a few seconds using the new mach-o plugin.
(Slower than 2.3, but still pretty fast.)

But when I test the same app with the carbon plugin --- it's slow again!

But the Test Project I made with mantis that does the same 250 Addrecords()
loop is always slow with the new Macho plugin OR the carbon plugin!

Well, this is all way out of my league!  The best thing to do is test again
after Ruslan has made the changes for Vfield.get_DefaultValue and see what
happens.  Frankly, my brain hurts!

Ruslan, thank you for all your work!

--
Russ Tyndall