2.4 Addrecord() speed

Christer Olsson christer at ljusaideer.se
Wed Aug 2 20:55:36 CDT 2006

>On 8/2/06 12:06 PM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:
>
>>> Aha,
>>>
>>> Then only speed of client app itself can affect this.
>>> Then you need check if DebugLevel is the same ..
>>> Puzzle.
>>
>> Might be a problem with the MTU of the loopback, since you have changed the
>> protocol to be packed based now.
>>
>> Russ: when running your client on the server; are you connecting to
>> localhost/127.0.0.1 or the real IP address of the server? Try to change the
>> MTU of the loopback to 1492 (sudo ifconfig lo0 mtu 1492) and make your test
>> again and see if it makes any difference.
>
>Christer,
>
>I'd be glad to try it...do you mind explaining a little more about this?
>What exactly am I doing when I try this?

You're setting the maximum unit size on the loopback to 1492 instead of the default (16384). You could also try 1500, which is the default value for ethernet connections.

What address are you using for the connection client->server - localhost/127.0.0.1 or the real IP address of the server?

>Also (important!) how do I switch it BACK?  :-)

It will return to its default size after a restart. Or you could change it manually with "sudo ifconfig lo0 mtu 16384"