[V4RB] 2.4 Vserver Folderitem Question

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 17:41:25 CDT 2006

On 8/1/06 5:33 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 8/2/06 12:05 AM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Vserver 2.4, RB2006r3, X.4.7
>>
>> It appears when I run my app in the RB debugger with the carbon-format 2.4
>> plugin, the app hands vserver the name of the database I am connecting to,
>> which should be in the registered Databases folder.
>>
>> But when I build the app with the mach-o 2.4 vcomponents, the built app
>> tries to hand vserver the absolute path of the folderitem (which doesn't
>> really exist). Obviously, this causes an error.
>
> I.e. FolderItem contains not simple db name but the whole path ?
> Does exists way eliminate this?
>
> If no, then I need insert somewhere truncation to file name only..
> Actually we have it in few places.

Well, I *believe* what is happening is that the carbon-format Valentina
plugin is sending vServer the Folderitem.Name property (which is right) but
the Mach-o vcomponents are sending vServer the folderitem.Absolutepath
property *as* the db name.  So vServer determines the DB is not registered
and makes an error.

I would guess it's just a glitch in the mach-o plugins, but that's just a
guess.  Of course, I don't know what Valentina is doing internally.

>> We still call db.open(folderitem) after establishing a good vConnection
>> right?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Anyway, it's clear from the vServer log that vServer is not looking in the
>> registered Databases folder.

Russ