Collection Object -- I need to know your needs.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 1 23:41:10 CDT 2006

On 8/1/06 11:10 PM, "Shaun Wexler" <dev at macfoh.com> wrote:

>> For example, right now, yes you CAN store array of ulongs into BLOB.
>> But you have no way build index on this ulong values.
>>
>> As workaround can be store them into TEXT field as coma separated
>> values,
>> and mark this as IndexByWords...Also assign in Collator - order as
>> numbers.
>> But this is already looks somehow less efficient.
>>
>> You see?
>
> What would satisfy this requirement is a Red-Black tree structure
> stored as BLOB and thus has no need to be indexed.

Hmm, not agree.

RB Tree inside of BLOB give you ability load this into RAM,
And do search. Right ?

But simply sorted array can allow this.

But you cannot search through the whole column.
I want be able find records which have arrays that contain value 3.

You see? Having index this can be done very fast.