2.4 Addrecord() speed

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 15:41:48 CDT 2006

On 8/1/06 3:28 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 8/1/06 9:20 PM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I've noticed one other thing during testing:  The process completes faster
>> on *truly* remote machines than it does on a client that is on the *same*
>> machine as vServer.  Regardless of the location of the client, the process
>> is still slower than 2.3, though.
>>
>> On my remote x.2.8 (800mhz G4) machine it takes 30 secs, on a remote XP
>> machine (celeron 2.1ghz) 3 secs, but on my vServer machine(DP 800mhz G4) it
>> takes 50 secs.  This is on a 4 computer LAN behind a router which is behind
>> a broadband modem.
>
> Very strange result.
>
> May be your slow computers have in the ini file VerboseLevel = 3 ?

All of this testing is done while remote debugging from RB2006r3 on X.4.7.
The verbose level is the same, and it is currently OFF in the client
software.  I've had the vServer ini setting for verbose level at several
settings today.  The timing numbers I've sent you were at a consistent
verbose setting.

> Also from your words we get that 2 MACs works much slower of PC ?

Yes:  The PC is fastest, then the remote G4 iMac is next, and the DP G4 upon
which vServer resides is (oddly) the *slowest* when performing this process.

All other operations with vServer appear normal as far as speed, compared to
vServer 2.3.

Russ