[V4RB] Bus error

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 13:03:31 CDT 2006

On 8/1/06 5:39 AM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:

> Trying to create a serverside, readwrite and random cursor crashes both our
> VServer 2.4 testservers, one Macbook Pro intel running Mac OS X 10.4.7 and one
> old G4 running Mac OS X 10.3.9, with "Bus error" (log level set to 3).
>
> Creating a clientside , read and random cursor works fine.

So you are having this Bus Error on G4 OS X also?  My server side, random,
writeable cursors are being created successfully on X.4.7 DP 800mhz from
clients running on X.2.8 and from clients on the vServer machine.

I'm sure this is *not* the problem, but I'll ask: are your clients running
the "full" V4RB 2.4?  I think some of the 2.4 betas did not fully support
compression.  Ruslan will correct me on this if necessary.

So far, vServer 2.4 is working ok for me, but I'm having a drastic slow down
when using rst.Addrecord() in a loop.  2.3 was adding 250+ records in 1.3
secs, 2.4 is requiring 50+ seconds!  So there is some issue there, at least
for me.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC