[V4RB] Bus error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 1 16:43:15 CDT 2006

On 8/1/06 4:17 PM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:

>>> Please try all this on your side.
>>>    INTEL   ?
>>>    G4      ?
>>
>> Running your example on my Macbook Pro intel works fine. Good.
>> Running our own app on my Macbookpro results in bus error. Bad.
>>
>> It's hard to debug when you don't get any more error message than "bus
>> error".
>>
>> Any thoughts of where to look in our code?
>
> We get an VException error 394506 in our client, and a serch in the list
> archives shows that Charles Yeomans had the same problem on
> VDatabase.SQLSelect in august 2005. I can't, however, find any final solution
> in the thread:

394506  in HEX is 6050A

Go into Vcomponents/Vresources/English/kenrel_errors.xml
here:

            <SQLSTATE name="6050A">
                <DESCRIPTION>ERR_STREAM_READ_ERROR</DESCRIPTION>
                <MESSAGE>Stream read error.</MESSAGE>
            </SQLSTATE>

Aha, you see this error on CLIENT side, because server have interrupt,
So socket is closed.

This is not a main problem.