Table structure?

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sun Apr 30 16:44:29 CDT 2006

> > I have only changed the maxsize of VarChar to smaller
> values, but most
> > of them will go as I remove the keys. I have some of these now as 4
> > char strings.
>
> Deal is that maxsize of VarChar DO NOT make smaller db.
> IT is just logical limit which work on INSERT

Are you sure? It was by changing maxsize from default 1022 in all VarChar's
to 4 for some and 60 to some size of db went down from 1.8 GB to 50 MB!
However, when I tested and set back 1022 it didn't increase db again.
Except, if I left old db and again created my structure and imported - that
increased it lots so maybe there is a bug here somewere?

I used to delete files before creating new db for test but I might forgot
some time, giving base for db growing so big. I don't know, it just
happened.

Joakim
Joakim