Table structure?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 29 16:37:29 CDT 2006

On 4/29/06 1:22 AM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

>> Yes, now we talk on natural language of humans! :-)
>>
>>     you have 3 Tables and 3 links between them
>>
>>     so you need 3 Tables and 3 BinaryLinks between them.
>>
>> Agree?
>>
> Yes I think so :-) Just see if I have got it right by study examples.
>
> Country.CountryID Link Places.Place
> Country.CountryID Link TimeZones.Ptr_Country
> Places.Country    Link TimeZones.Ptr_Country
>
> Is that correct?

Not exactly.

IF you use Binary Links, then it is NOT important what fields you have in
table.

Linking happens simply by RecID values:

    Country                         Place
--------------------            ------------------
RecID   Name                    recID   Name
1       Albania                 1       Hamburg
2       Bulgaria                2       Berlin
3       Germany                 3       Munich
                                4       Leipzig
                                5       Sofia

AGAIN,
    * RecID field exists automatically in each Table
    * RecID use ZERO space on disk.

So to link records you make BinaryLink and add into it pairs

        3       1
        3       2
        3       3
        3       4
        2       5

Order of pairs do not mater.

So you do NOT need at all such fields as CountryID, PTR_Country, ...