[V4MD] LIKE search

Martin Wright martin at kinetix.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 15:18:21 CDT 2006

Hi

There many instances of the word 'physicians' but not necessarily at the end of a line, simply within the text.

Maybe I should explain what I need to do.

The field I need to search is a text field which is indexed by word.
The user can type in the search term. The search much search for exact matches of the word by default. For example, searching for
'physicians' will find some results, whereas 'physici' should not find any results.

If the user wishes, they can use a wildcard in the search, such as 'physic*', which would return many results.

Is this possible with V1?

Martin