Stress tests

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Mon Apr 24 12:15:28 CDT 2006

On 4/24/06 2:42 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> Data-On-Demand ListBox should display 1000 and 1000000 records in the same
> time.

You are absolutely right, and now it does. In fact, it now displays 5
million rows in about 1-2 ticks. Fast enough to keep up with Valentina, I'd
say. :-)

>> - Sorting data on an indexed field took about 10 seconds on my dual-2.5 GHz
>> PowerMac G5, but the sort was incorrect. That is, in what should have been a
>> simple alphabetical sort, the first row started with a "D" when there were
>> "A"'s available. Reindexing with Valentina Studio solved that problem.
>
> And time still 10 sec?
>
> Note, FIRST sorting on a field can be much slower than next sorting.
> So try do SECOND the same sorting.

It takes longer the second time. About 7.5 seconds for the first sort, but
around 11 seconds for the second one.

>> - While I was running these tests, Valentina did something that caused a lot
>> of thrashing and that particular search took MUCH longer.
>
> What search you mean here? LIKE ?

Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention and can't reproduce it.

>> - The original import file was 397 MB, and the final Valentina database
>> files combined to 736 MB.
>
> This is size with indexes?

Yes.