Issues #5 - dlls

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 21 22:16:14 CDT 2006

On 4/21/06 7:22 PM, "Brandon" <bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com> wrote:

> 5.) First we installed Valentina for RealBasic, then vStudio. When we
> create a local database in RealBasic and then simply use vStudio to
> browse it, then our RealBasic application cannot read the data anymore.

Sounds like you have Valentina Studio with 2.3 engine,
But V4RB with 2.2 engine.

> I think it was a database version issue. It took many hours of wasted
> time to determine this. So, we reinstalled in a different sequence,
> vStudio first THEN Valentina for RealBasic. Now vStudio does not cause
> the data to be unreadable for RealBasic application. But maybe this is
> causing other problems?

I think problem NOT in order of installation.

Valentina Studio contains ALL required dlls inside of its folder.
You can see this.

So Valentina Studio do NOT depend on VComponents folder.

Even more strong!

We build Valentina Studio with Visual, but V4RB with CodeWarrior.
So they have just different non-compatible dlls.

I think that most probably, you did have
    Paradigma Software/VComponents_win_cw           << for V4RB

With some old dlls.

I recommend each time trash this folder by hands, before install new build.

Once somebody have told that installer do NOT override dlls if they are not
HDD. But that was for MAC OS and we have fix that...