Issues. SQL or API style for VSERVER ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 21 20:57:23 CDT 2006

On 4/21/06 8:35 PM, "Brandon" <bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com> wrote:

>> We expected that this new protocol will bring us expected stability.
>> And we will be able implement at last of end in complete way all API
>> methods we have claim will work in the same way for LOCAL and SERVER.
>
> OK. I guess I am a nooby. I thought vServer was stable and already had
> the same API as local databases. No problem. Just let me know what is
> not implemented? For example, could this explain my issue with vBLOB
> fields seeming to work on local database but not on vServer?

I think yes. It can.

What is really stable is SQL way.

    Vdatabase -> SqlSelect -> Vcursor ->
              -> Sqlxecute

We have developer for example which runs for weeks non-stop Valentina Server
with about 400 bank-machines around it and 15-20 users. With a lots of
updates per second..

----------
Attention to all please.
Once again I want underlie.

API and Class way - are best for development of LOCAL desktop apps.
        well....SQL way also is not bad here...: :-)

SQL way -- is best for REMOTE database. When server is in other city or even
country. For such task, DO NOT use API way, or reduce it as many as
possible.

We want to provide support of API way for Server mainly because agree it is
cool, if your app with API or Class way will work with Vserver also. But it
needs understand limitations. API way can be acceptable for Vserver which
are on fast internal ethernet.