V4RB 2.2 Link Refuses Operation

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at valentina-db.com
Wed Apr 19 15:43:02 CDT 2006

Hello Bob,

> We had an existing 2.1 database that was converted to 2.2.  We are
> now getting the error, "The link 'Link_69' refuses operation" on
> operations that were done all the time in 2.1.

> As best as I can tell, the record that Link_69 is pointing to
> exists.  A Diagnose produced no problems.

> I've tried running the code behind both in class way and sql way and
> get the same error.  Any clue what could be happening?

As far as I get it you have two tables (T1, T2), T2 points to the T1
using  ObjectPtr  (ptrField).  Now  you  are  trying  to  insert  the
new record into table T2 and get this exception.

Right?

If  so  -  there  is only single reason for such an exception - you are
filling up ptrField with recID which does not exist in table T1.

Send me the project if possible please.

 Ivan                            mailto:ivan_smahin ÎÁ valentina-db.com