VException Information

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Mon Apr 17 15:47:28 CDT 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 4/17/06 10:07 PM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:
>
>>> You have latest? :-)
>>> Just in case check site.
>>
>> Not at this point. I'm using 2.1 fc4, as I saw too many people
>> complaining about 2.3.
>
> Really? For example?

I deleted the message traffic about it.

>>> Vexception have only NUMBER of error, and its string description.
>>
>> I saw a number, but no string description.
>
> IF Error is from Valentina then string also must exists.

I've run it again and it does have a message string with it, but it's
above the number so I overlooked it the first time.

The VException error message reads as follows:

An exception of class VException was not handled.
The application must shut down.

Exception Message: Table "thelQandA" not found.
Exception Error Number: 460035

So, it appears that my call text was incorrect afterall. What should
it be if it isn't, as I asked yesterday.....

On Apr 16, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> sqlSrchText  = "SELECT recID, * FROM tblQandA WHERE field1 =  '" +
>> data1 + "' AND field2 = '" + data2 + "'" // where tblQandA is a
>> VTable created as in tblQandA = tDatabase.CreateTable("QandAs")
>
> Do you ask how to do this SQL query using API way ?
>
> Your code to build SQL query looks correct.

>> Where is that documented in the reference materials?
>
> Hmm, really. V4RB_Reference do not describe this class.
> Please add into Mantis  V4RB -> docs

That would be a good thing, I think.

Regards,

Chuck