Valentina Studio Require OS X 10.4 + [Read All Please]

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Apr 14 23:59:37 CDT 2006

>I do not want put all rats on Apple, but as Lynn have warn few months ago,
>Apple now control Hardware, OS, and Developer Tools. Evil combination...
>
>They now can *force* developers drop old versions. Only potential way - to
>keep separate computer with separate old compilers and produce several
>branches of products. Not big pleasure, yes?

Yes, it is not so great that they control it, but pleasure or not,
you can't expect all your customers to move to 10.4.

10.3 has very large installed base, is very stable, and it costs
money to upgrade. Even if we follow your lead and do that, we can't
force all our clients to do it.

The never solved dilemma of people providing tools for others ;)

>Apple do not care now about back compatibility. And this is bad.
>
>Unfortunately we do not have on hands version of Vstudio that runs on 10.3.
>Right Jochen? May be somebody on list have save it ?

Aren't you using CVS or Subversion to keep branches of various releases?

Robert