DisableRBDB

Brandon bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com
Thu Apr 13 15:07:28 CDT 2006

Ruslan,

First, let me say that after 24 hours of learning pain, I am
understanding the RealBasic Class method of working with Valentina.
Everything is working perfectly within the RealBasicIDE!  (Windows XP,
rb2005r4).

Here's the problem:

When I run an application I get this message:
An error occurred while compiling "application.rbp"

The plugin V4RB.rbx:0 class is an exclusive feature of
REALBASIC Professional Edition.

Since you are running REALbasic Standard Edition, this
application will be built as a time-limited demo. Your
application will run for 5 minutes at a time and work for 10 days.

You can remove these restrictions by upgrading to
REALbasic Professional Edition.

I do not want to use the RealBasic database API - I want to use the
Valentina Classes. I read in the Valentina 2 RealBasic reference (pg
V4RBRef-23). It says to place a file named "DisableRBDB" to disable the
Realbasic Database API. This does not seem to work. Click Menu option
"Project" > "Add" > "Database" > "New Valentina" is there as an option.

Am I doing something wrong?

Brandon

> We are using the Standard version of Realbasic.

> Placing a blank file "DisableRBDB" in the RealBasic plugins folder
> does not prevent RealBasic from going into Demo mode.
>
> Is this due to us using a demo version of Valentina?

>> No. demo version of Valentina has ONLY 10 miniutes time limit.
Nothing more.