Microsoft Access

Brandon bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com
Tue Apr 11 14:44:23 CDT 2006

Thanks for your reply Ruslan...see below

> We have an existing application built in Microsoft Access. Microsoft
> Access has the ability to link to many database types. One method is
> to use ODBC. We have used this method to connect to MySql.
>
> We are evaluating Valentina. Is it possible to connect to a Valentina
> Database with Microsoft Access? Is there an ODBC driver?

	>No ODBC, we plan JDBC in 3-4 months.

		Ok

> We need the Access application to be able to add/delete/modify records

> in a Valentina Database. Is this possible?

	>But can you explain sense of this ?

		I was trying to be clear that we needed full read/write
capability within Access. Without ODBC, the only way I know for Access
to work with Valentina data will be the Valentina COM support. This will
work within Access using VBA programming. But, other objects within
access, such as reports, forms, queries would not be able to work with
the Valentina Database (I assume.)

	>You develop Valentina-based application? In Director? Else?
		We have developed two applications:
			1. Microsoft Access application
			2. RealBasic application

	Currently, the Microsoft Access application is using the Access
database format. We would like to continue to use the existing Microsoft
Access application (GUI, reports, etc - 2 years of work) but change the
underlying database from the Access database format to a client/server
solution. I really like everything I have learned about Valentina. But,
without ODBC, it will be difficult for the Access application to easily
work with Valentina data. Another reason we are looking into Valentina
is the really good support for Realbasic. We are just now trying to
select a client/server solution for our RealBasic application.

>We have Valentina Studio which allow mage Valentina db from GUI.
	That is good.

Thank You,

Brandon Warlick