[Vserver] - Re-launch Script for OS X.4.6

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 10 10:12:38 CDT 2006

On 4/10/06 5:27 AM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Russ,

> Does anyone have a script that will restart Vserver (on OS X.4.6) on a user
> logout?  Or some other mechanism to keep Vserver running regardless of user
> activity?

> Currently, it runs great at bootup and I can start it manually in the
> Terminal, but when a user logs out, it gets killed.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

And next login do not start it ?

Yuri have told actually that we need modify our StartupItems script to have
loop:

This is psudo-code

--------------------------------
loop
{
    start vserver
}

Then if crash or else, server will be started again by loop.

Note, that you can start/stop server self from e.g. REALbasic code
Using shell command. For this you need know its exact path and name.

    /Library/VServer_Office/VServer_Office.app/Contents/MacOS/VServer_Office

Look at /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Office/VServer_Office

Let me know any more ideas/dream you want. We will think how todo