Encryption problem solved

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 21:23:13 CDT 2006

OK, this one drove me nuts, but I finally got encryption to work.
Shown below is the code that works.

-----------

' For the open case...

vdb.UseEncryptionKey(encryptionKey, EVDataKind.kStructureAndRecords)

vdb.open(documentFile)

-----------

' For the create case...

vdb.create(documentFile, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd,
   SEGMENT_SIZE * 1024, EVOs.kOsWindows)

vdb.Encrypt(encryptionKey, EVDataKind.kStructureAndRecords)

Before I got to this point, I was getting a hard crash in
Valentina when I called the following code.

vdb.UseEncryptionKey(encryptionKey, EVDataKind.kStructureAndRecords)

vdb.create(documentFile, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd,
   SEGMENT_SIZE * 1024, EVOs.kOsWindows)

vdb.Encrypt(encryptionKey, EVDataKind.kStructureAndRecords)

It seems that calling UseEncryptionKey for a create situation
causes the crash in the Encrypt method. Even though this is
incorrect code, it should not cause a hard crash.