Upgrading and encryption...

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 14:46:41 CDT 2006

I am converting a large crossplatform RB project from valentina
1.11 to 2.2. Most of it went smoothly except for the use of
encryption. I create new database and call...

vdb.UseEncryptionKey(encryptionKey,
EVDataKind.kStructureAndRecords)

Then I open or create the database file with...

vdb.open(documentFile)

or...

vdb.create(documentFile, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd, SEGMENT_SIZE *
1024, EVOs.kOsWindows)

What is supposed to happen when I call UseEncryptionKey on the
VDatabase class? Is this supposed to set the encryption for all
subsequent tables created? What I see is that the isEncrypted
property is set to false for the tables. This is definitely a
different behavior from version 1.11. What is the proper way to
handle this?