V4RB v1 Problem with SQL

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Tue Apr 4 23:12:16 CDT 2006

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me what characters cannot be used in an SQL query and
how I can get the SQL query to allow me to use them. For example, I'm using
the following SQL query:

select Invoices.Description from Students,Invoices,Payments,Family  WHERE
invoices.cid = payments.cinvid AND family.cstuid = students.cid AND
Invoices.cstuid = students.cid AND ((Invoices.Description LIKE '\AYr 1/2
Stationery (Rm11 & Rm14) $21.00\Z' no_case )) AND family.bReceives_Invoice =
'1' ORDER BY Invoices.Description

The query doesn't work at all for this description. If I have a description
that doesn't have brackets ( or ) or dollar signs $, then the query works
without any problems. What do I use to get the query to accept these sorts
of characters?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cindy Brown