V4RB2 much slower with Einhugur Datagrid than V4RB1.x?

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Fri Sep 30 14:28:23 CDT 2005

I just converted my project (actually for the 3rd time) to V4RB 2.

With V4RB2 my project is now much slower than with V4RB1.x at
populating an Einhugur DataGrid with about 2000 rows.  Slower to the
point that I can't use 2.0 and have to go back to 1.x if I can't
figure out how to speed it up.  Which especially bites because I want
to upgrade to the server version.

I am using the classes way, running a sqlselect to get a cursor, and
passing that cursor to the DataGrid's RequestRowData to fill the
DataGrid.

Is anyone else using DataGrid with Valentina 2?

Is yours much slower (if at least 1000 rows), or do I have something
messed up?

Ruslan said selection in 2.0 is faster than 1.x.  So is maybe random
cursor access still much slower?  Is classes way the wrong way to go
now -- should I be using the new way if I need speed?

--Dave Parizek