Valentina for director

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 21 17:11:04 CDT 2005

On 9/21/05 4:04 PM, "Francois Hebert" <Francois.Hebert at cdpharma.com> wrote:

Hi Francois,

> Thanks for your fast reply.
>
> Just a small comment, I start to try you SPLENDID valentine xtra(for
> director), and I found It very strong.

Thank you.

> BUT(!), because I¹m an ³old² v12 user, I found learning step a little bitŠ

Yes, this is known issue. Valentina is quite complex product.

> My suggestion:  I look at your documentation (very nice), but I found that
> there are many way way to get datas and display it(for exemple).

Yes, this is another advantage of Valentina. The same thing you usually can
do in several ways. Choice depend on your skills, favors, tasks, ...

For example, you can do
    everything with SQL,
    or everything without SQL,
    or combine both ways

> What I look for are the ³fast way² to do a particular operation.

I see

> For exemple, if I want a ³select * from myTable², what is the best, use the
> vCursor of use the function to get all data in a list or loop line by lin,
> etcŠ

I think there is no single answer.
All depend on your task

Look, if some way is best of all, then we'd could drop rest, right?

Deal is that each way can be best for some conditions.

> Your documentation explain each function individually, but not put all the
> ³context² (connection to db, vCursor, etc).
>
> Where can I found many good exemples of performance connection to DB,
> recordset, etc?

All examples that we have (about 50-60) are in V4MD folder.

All rest info you can try obtain from us (Paradigma) or better Valentina
lists:

    Valentina list
    Valentina beta list
    Valentina Studio list

Also exists searchable archives of these lists for 7 years.

--------
Also we try to start to use WIKI where Valentina users can self share info
on questions as you ask, tips and tricks.

    http://paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua/dokuwiki/

For now it is located on UA local server.