Tutorial Suggestions & Requests

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Sep 15 10:34:29 CDT 2005

Morning Ruslan,

Here are some thoughts on what I'd recommend being part of a new
tutorial for the new V4RB2....

The process of making, searching and breaking links using binary link
techniques on 1:1, 1:M and M:M and files.

I'd recommend building on the Persons and Phones tables by adding a
table for Projects.

It should include the following calls:

VBinaryLink()
IsLinked()
FindLinked()
FindExclusivelyLinked()
FindAllLinked()
CountLinked()
LinkRecords(0
UnlinkRecords(0
DeleteLinkedRecords()
IsLinked()
BranchCount
ID
IsTemporary()
Name
Owner
IsBetween()
Table()
Flush()
LeftType()
RightType()

Not comprehensive, as I'm sure you could add some more ideas, but a
reasonable start.

RE: The Reference

Got the documents. However, I cannot open any of them. Were they done
with InDesign 2? On what sort of platform? What OS?

Thanks,

Chuck Pelto