Compact and Defragment

Alex Lindsay alindsay at mac.com
Tue Sep 6 23:35:06 CDT 2005

What is the preferable method for compacting a database after a large
deletion operation in Valentina 1.11.  This deletion operation will be
deleting a large percentage of the data in the database.  Do the
Compact and Defragment SQL keywords work properly in Valentina 1.11?
Is it preferable to use a Dump and Load approach instead.

I have noticed reference to Valentina 1.12 but it does not appear on
the website.  Is 1.11 still the latest of 1.x versions?

I have been waiting for both Realbasic 2005 and Valentina 2 to become
stable enough to begin porting my application.  It seems that they are
at this stage now.  Anyone else holding off this migration because of
known bugs or current limitations?

Thank you,

Alex Lindsay