[V4Rb 2] Using threads

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at goodeast.com
Tue Sep 6 14:19:16 CDT 2005

Hi Charles,

On Sep 6, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Charles Yeomans wrote:

> Has anyone been using Valentina and REALbasic threads?  I'm trying
> a bit of it and it mostly works.

I've played with them in the past and have been successful. One time
it was for filling a large Listbox, but I have since moved to a
homemade data grid which displays the current rows only. Except I do
not have the ability to multi-select rows - but that is just a
deficiency in my data grid. Does any data grid have that ability
(that is free and I can use)? I suppose it is as simple as keeping a
boolean array and updating it myself.

Otherwise I spend time on SQL/code optimization for fast results.

I'm not sure what happens if you have a long SQL going that is tying
up the V2 engine and you want to run another quick SQL. In other
words, I don't know if V4RB2 is threaded itself or if you must queue
up the SQLs and wait one at a time. Ruslan?

Best regards,
Frank Schima