TIP OF THE DAY!!! : SQL request and speed ? III

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 30 20:44:48 CST 2005

On 10/30/05 8:35 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

>> Yes SQL way takes longer time than API way. And secret not in
>> parser as I
>> have think. Main time eat checks of e..g
>
> could you give a short example. Do I need RealBasic Advanced or does
> API also work with Standard? I have only RB Standard.

This work in Standard also.

Examples?

Please looks into V4RB_Examples/Api_way.

This folder have the highest number of examples btw!

Point is that you use

    VCursor.AddRecord()  -- this is Sql Way but with some API

Or

   Vtable.AddRecord() -- this is pure API way.

Again, Valentina have API way -- it allow you do everything without SQL.
Of course for strong SQL developers it is hard change own mind to start
think in other way. And of course not all tasks should go to API way.

It is good that Valentina allow mix both