SQL request and speed ? III

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at goodeast.com
Sun Oct 30 08:11:31 CST 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Thierry Nauze wrote:

> Le 30 oct. 05 à 16:04, Claudius Sailer a écrit :
>
>> Hi Thierry,
>>
>> do you inserted an request in Mantis?
>> What number?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Claudius
>>
>> Am 30. Okt 2005 um 12:09 Uhr schrieb Thierry Nauze:
>>
>>> For a rudimentary request :
>>>
>>>   for i=1 to 10000
>>>     call baseValentina.SqlExecute( "INSERT INTO maTable
>>> (id,maVarChar) VALUES ("+str(i)+",'A')" )
>>>   next
>>>
>>> RealSQL is always 8 (even 10) time faster than Valentina 2.11  :
>>> 0.45 s  vs 4.87 s !
>>>

> No.
>
> But I had an exchange with Ruslan to whom I have already sent an
> example of program.
>
> He had to see for the 2.06!
>
> I am going, maybe, to make it soon.

Please do add it into Mantis. It will get done faster that way.

In the beginning of the Val 2 betas, I noticed that SQL UPDATE is
much slower than Val 1.x so I switched to API UPDATE and the speed
returned. I believe the same is true for INSERT. Can you try it that
way and let us know the results?

Best regards,
Frank Schima