v4rb win xp rb 5.5.5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 30 10:22:15 CST 2005

On 10/30/05 4:52 AM, "Anna Kritselis" <akritselis at earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Anna,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> The app that I am developing will be run off from a USB.  I have a program on
> the user's desktop that finds the program by iterating through the drives,
> then launches it.  The problem is that the rb program crashes unless it is
> launched specifically from the directory where it and the valentina components
> are.
>
> RealBasic doesn't seem to get the notion of changing drives and directories -
> I've tried shell commands.  Putting a shortcut on the desktop doesn't work,
> because the usb could be in one of may usb ports, etc.  I think that I've
> figured out how to do this with a Visual Basic program, but that won't help me
> on the MAC.  Do you have any suggestions?

Well, I think this problem is related to search of VComponents folder...

Something similar exists in Vstudio bug report, that double click on db file
cause problems...

I think in near time we will try investigate this issue.

> Also, the first time the program is launched after the machine it turned on,
> it takes approximately 30 seconds to get to the first window.

Sounds like OS caching.

Something is loaded from USB into RAM ...
Second time is not ...

But what is loaded then? App itself or db files ?
Question for searching.

> After the first
> time, it only takes 3-4 seconds.  I have a window with a progress bar saying
> that the files are loading, but it doesn't display until the 30 seconds have
> passed (I put the window.show as the first command in the application open
> event).  Any suggestions?

But do you know which exactly command "hangs"?