changing database path in master.vdb

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:12:14 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.  I'm using
VServer with Valentina 1.x and Revolution.  I have a customer who
would like to store their data on a separate Novell server, but they
would still use a Windows box to host the actual VServer executable.
I know you can use master.vdb to customize where to store database
files.  What I'm wondering is if the paths entered into master.vdb
can be network paths.  Can I use a mapped network drive or even a UNC
path so that the database files can be stored on a separate "server"
machine?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield