[V4RB] Creating database (Fixed)

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 11:33:31 CDT 2005

Hi,

First I do Valentina Init and then create the database. Nothing
happens. If I try to add a record I get a crash with no message. I
have used RB debugger to go step by step into the app but no error
either. Everything seems to be performed. I have also removed all the
valentina files from Library/CFMSupport and reinstalled, no joy... I
have tried all kind of path and folderitem names, nothing works. Then
I tried to run examples, they work... so I have screened them detail-
fully and found out the "vDatabase( EVStorageType.kDisk )" line added
to the VDatabase object, I have added it and all work again!

Stan

> On 10/16/05 11:21 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Stan,
>

>> I am creating a database with the line:
>> myDatabase.Create(f, 4, cache) where f is a valid folderitem. Nothing
>> happens, no error, no file created, all the code is executed but
>> without results. Should I do somethind special with the create
>> command? I am using the same project I used during v2 beta tests and
>> without any modifications it no longer works.
>>
>> The database init looks like that:
>>
>>    #if DebugBuild
>>      Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogParams
>>    #endif
>>

> This should go AFTER Valentina.Init
>

>>    aCache = 5 * 1024 *1024
>>
>>    Valentina.Init(aCache, "xxxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" )
>>
>>    If Valentina.CacheSize = 0 then
>>      MsgBox kError_DatabaseInitFailure + " " + Str(Error)
>>      Quit
>>    end if
>>
>>    Valentina.SetExtensions "vdb", "dat", "blb", "ind"
>>

> And where is code with db create ?
>

>> RB 2005-R4 + Valentina 2.0.4
>>

> --
> Best regards,