Encoding of 1-2 converted db

Leo Van den Brande leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl
Sun Oct 16 10:34:54 CDT 2005

Thanks Ruslan and Jon!

Ruslan:
>> Note that this code works perfectly well with a new db created on Mac, also
>> when ported to Windows.

> This code"?  Above code?

c  = App.mValdb1.SQLSelect(s,EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,EVLockType.kReadOnly, EVCursorDirection.kRandom)
aResult = c.Field(<some field name>).GetString

> So have I correctly understand, fresh db created by V2 works fine,
> But converted_1_2() do not work accents.
> Right ?

Right.

> What language was in v1 database?

German. This was removed for v2 field definitions. OK?

Jon:
> I filed a bug report on this a long time ago (can't find it on Mantis
> right now). Ruslan says that's because V2 doesn't know the encoding
> of the source 1.x db. I pointed out that if the specified language is
> a Roman one (like English) the encoding will be MacRoman on a Mac,
> and so the conversion should work. That was the end of it. I think
> all conversion-related issues have been tabled...

I used encoding MacRoman for Mac build and WindowsLatin1 for Windows both for storage and retrieval.
The v1 db which I am presently trying to convert was created on a Mac build. However, I should also be able to convert v1 db's which have been created and filled by the users running a Windows build.

Leo

--
Leo Van den Brande
J.Buziaulaan 61