[V4Rb] VDatabase.LastInsertedRecID

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 16 01:21:42 CDT 2005

On 10/16/05 12:56 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

>> CY> Since a recID is a property of a record in a table, it seems to me
>> that
>> CY> it should be a VTable property.  Why is it a VDatabase property?
>>
>> Do you really need the last inserted recID for each table?
>
> I do, because I've been using it since Valentina 1.x with cursors.

Charles,

Ivan have FIX this broken with with RecId.
You will have in next build 3 ways to get RecID !!!!!

1) v1 way:

        SELECT Recid, ...

2) v2 way:

        recid = curs.AddRecord()

3) v2 way like have mySQL and others

        db.SqlExecute( "INSERT INTO T1 ..." )

        recid = db.LastInsertedRecID() // this is recid of T1.

I think MORE THAN enough.

Agree ?