Valentina Developer Program For Priority Fixes: Your Feedback Wanted

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Oct 13 09:27:03 CDT 2005

> >What do you all think?
> >

> I think it's fine except for the VDN membership. I have no
> need of that, although I might well want to "elevate" a bug
> to the top of the fix heap. Why make an arbitrary restriction
> to VDN members?

Its not entirely arbitrary in that it represents a higher level of service
and support.

These kinds of fixes and features programs are becoming a fact for smallish
companies that sell extremely technical products. If Paradigma was selling
more consumer oriented products, it would be different. There are some
strategic pitfalls I see in offering this service at the community level on
the website.

We'd use a credit system, "1 day or less" = 1 credit. Anything that takes up
to three engineering days, would be seriously considered. We can also do
features that way, so long as it doesn't interfere with our infrastructure
goals.

That being said, Im about to send out an offer to the list regarding VDN
Platform (REALbasic or Director). We are close to finishing a direct email
campaign to upgrade 1.x SDK and 2.x ADK users to VDN Platform, and its clear
that a lot of Valentina 1.x users have changed their email addresses in the
time we've been shipping V4RB and V4MD.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network