Valentina defaulting to VComponents a problem

jda jda at his.com
Wed Oct 5 09:17:20 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan,

Apps using Valentina can have the component files in the same folder
as the app or in VComponents on the system drive. If both are
present, Valentina uses VComponents. This is causing a problem. I
have a user of my app who *also* installed Valentina at some time
(nothing to do with my app). My app crashed on launch -- we tracked
it down to the fact that his VComponents was an older version than
the one shipping with my app.

Can you please have Valentina use the components in the same folder
as the app as the first option. If they are not present, then look in
VComponents? (this is also a problem when debugging new versions of
Valentina, BTW, since I often keep the old one in VComponents). That
is, the components in the app's folder (or bundle, in the future for
V4RB) should take precedence over anything in VComponents.

Thanks,

Jon