Performance metrics - some early conclusions

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Wed Nov 30 11:16:08 CST 2005

On 11/30/05 10:34 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 11/30/05 6:14 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>>> I can wish
>>>
>>>     t.SetBlank
>>>     t.UpdateRecord()
>>>

>>> So on default SetBlank() MUST make copies of old values.
>>
>> Sorry. I don't get it.  Why must SetBlank make copies of old values?  It
>> copies what values from where and places them where?
>
> All in RAM.

Yes, but from where in RAM (serving what purpose) to where else in RAM
(serving what other purpose)?

> It must copy them to be able execute UpdateRecord()
>
> It must because we need OLD values to update index.

I guess I'm just having a brain freeze right now.  I'll think about it more
later and see if I can make sense of this.