Creating new fields in classes way Re: Telling tables what their fields are

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Mon Nov 28 01:35:53 CST 2005

Is there any reason I can't use methods such as CreateShortField or
CreateVarCharField to add additional fields after a table has been created
when using the Classes way?

I.e. instead of including the following line in the Table constructor...

  fSpanLen = new VULong( "FSpanLen" )

... simply create only some fields in the constructor and leave some field
variables such as fSpanLen equal to nil...  then much later, when needed,
come along and call...

    fSpanLen = myTable.CreateULongField( "FSpanLen" )

-----

If I do this, then presumably when fSpanLen is created it will have the same
number of records as all other fields of myTable, and the fSpanLen field
value for each row will be initialzed to 0 (SetBlank) when the column is
created, correct?