VChar vs VText

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Fri Nov 25 21:35:29 CST 2005

I was using 504 because I was thinking about UTF-8 strings.  But UTF-8
doesn't work well in V4RB v2.0 correct?  So should I change to using 1022?

Also, when I get a string into a RB variable with GetString, is there a way
to retrive a UTF-8 string? Is it slower if I do rather than retrieveing
UTF-16 strings?

Either way, I'm sure glad I'm doing my searches on string hashes rather than
actual strings.